Monday, September 19, 2011

How I got this way. A true story... mostly.

First off those trips to the institution are so much fun for my brother. I learned long ago to keep a bag by the door because you never know when he will have an "episode". I need to be ready with the little things like a starter pistol, double edged letter opener etc. He is ALWAYS so shocked to see me and loves the tricks i play on him with my Goodie bag.I can tell from the look in his eyes. Anyway, I thought it best while looking through my library to include this section...How I got this Way. It all started at the ripe old age of 6 months old. We lived in a small house over a basement on Britton Road in Perry Mi. One night while i slept my mom heard a noise from my room and alerted my dad. He got up and came in to see someone opening a window just above my crib.He grabbed me out loaded a shotgun and handed me to my mom.According to the story my dad yelled and the perp swore at him so he shot him. My mom said i woke startled and started to giggle...that maybe was a bad sign but my moms sign reading at the time must have been in shock because she failed to see the warning. The perp staggered to the neighbors yard and collapsed...which would have been bad except he lived there and in his drunken state was climbing in the wrong window! He apperantly thought his wife locked him out and upon hearing my dads voice thought she even had a fling.Shortly after we moved because my dad did hear me giggle and thought perhaps removing me from the memory would help. Alas no amount of moving has lessened my desire to hear loud noises and giggle when i see some idiot on funniest home videos get hurt...They never met my parents because if they had they would have been told not to do that but of course it would have been after i was well into my 20's. Sign reading being what it was back then.

No comments:

Post a Comment